Sunday 2 May 2010

Run no 4 - 4 miles

I set out somewhat apprehensively what with this being twice as far as I've ran in probably 12 years. As I stretched I couldn't quite believe the difference there was in terms of technology. 12 years ago it was shorts, shoes, vest and a watch. Here I was tooled up to the hilt with a device that'll record my satellite whereabouts, heartbeat, calories burned, speed and plot my every move. Also tucked on to my shorts was about 3 hours worth of crystal clear music; mental.

It was a cool, crisp morning and ideal for running. I set out, quickly trying to find my pace. The first 2 miles were fine. As I neared the roundabout heading towards Livingston Village I turned sharply left onto Cousland Road and made my way east towards Ladywell. It's about a straight mile but a gradual climb. About half way along I could feel the hill biting and started to question whether taking this thing on was a good idea. I dug in and finally reached the turn off for Ladywell. Miles 3 and 4 finishing with a circuit round my street were easier than I expected. All in all very satisfied and happy. Just need to do this another 5 and a hlaf time and I'm there.

;-)

1 comment:

  1. All that Tech gear is to allow the KH satellites to keep tabs on you mate. Glad to hear you're back on the road again, I found Loch Ness "undulating" so if you'd like to go for a PB after that, try

    http://www.marathonrunnersdiary.com/races/uk-marathons/lochaber-marathon.php

    It's a flat O&B scenic. :-)

    ReplyDelete