Friday 30 April 2010

Run no 3 - 2 miles

Lovely evening and plenty of fantastic 80's cheese to keep me going; 'Heart on Fire' and 'Burning Heart', superb.

Mile 1 was absolutely fine although trying to keep the pace down is hard. The return mile was fine on the breathing tho the legs quickly felt like lead. Sincerely hoping as my fitness improves the legs start to feel lighter.

My Garmin heart, monitor thing arrived today so I shall test it out on my double distancer on Sunday.

Told my work colleague Gordon about my Loch Ness shindig and he's now contemplating joining me. Be great to have someone of similar unfitness joining me.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got the proper pace if you are finding it hard to keep it low. Most people starting out will feel pretty knackered no matter how slow they go - pretty promising for your future training Alan.

    It will be interesting to see your garmin data for Sunday's longer run. Average heart rate (bpm) and average min per mile are the key stats.

    Good news on Gordon - the more the merrier! Although he'd need to get an entry in before tomorrow night (unless he belongs to a running club).

    Is that the Rocky 4 soundtrack then?

    ReplyDelete