Sunday 23 May 2010

Run no 17

Had a BBQ last night, ate waaay too much and squaffed probably a couple of beers too many. Never got to bed til almost 1am and was tempted to text Tommy to call today's planned 6.5 miler off. Tommy turned up about 08.15am so we headed off. The first mile wasn't too bad tho the legs were like lead from that dammed 3 miler yesterday. After the mile mark the sun broke thru the clouds and I felt like I was running in a furnace. Midway I started having doubts about getting round but the determination kept me going. To say I was relieved to reach the end was an understatement. Running in the heat just isn't fun.

Legs are feeling like lead now though.

3 comments:

  1. Must admit that I hate running in the heat also. Still, cracking out a 6.5 miler in less than perfect conditions is good training in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running in the heat is horrendous. My marathon at the weekend didn't go to plan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it the Edinburgh one you ran Vicki, how did it go?

    ReplyDelete