Sunday 13 June 2010

Run no 31

Due to a busy day I wasn't going to get out till very late. I set out about 8pm with probably the least enthusiasm for a run than I've felt so far. Not the ideal state of mind before a 10miler. I set out intending to take it nice and easy to hopefully get around the course. First 2 miles were ok, beginning to hate the 3rd mile of this run though. It's on a busy, busy road and more times than not I have to jump onto the grass verge to avoid ongoing traffic some of whom are going waay faster than the limit. The 3rd and 4th miles are tough though, its a straight, long uphill climb with a lot of traffic weaving required. The odd thing was I found by time I got passed mile 4 I felt more comfortable than I had for a while. Took it nice and easy and even found the huge climb from mile 8.5 to 9.5 easier than last week. Even managed to stick on the little loop of my street to finish, total distance 10.12miles in a time of 1.46, certainly not fast by any means but given the stuggle this week has been I was delighted just to get around it.

The great thing tho the average heart rate was 147bpm which is good.

Turned the corner hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Running for nearly 2 hours and getting there without a struggle (see heart rate) is a bloody good thing. You are doing well Alan.

    Treat yourself to a couple of big meals and get a few early nights to help recovery. 3 and a half months to go and you can already run quite a distance - good going.

    ReplyDelete