Saturday 28 August 2010

Run no 78

Well that's the farthest training run in the bag - 22.21 miles to be exact. If I can just muster the strength for another 4 I'll be there.

:-)

As with all the long runs I'm always very apprehensive, not sure what about, failure I guess, giving up, running out of enery.

I seem to be able to find my pace within a few miles which I'm pleased about. Bar the usual near misses with traffic the run went well with no bad bits. Legs did feel like lead with about 4 miles to go but managed to get around in one piece. Had 3 minute stop to take on water and gels. Need to order some more for Inverness.

All in a good day - nice easy run tomorrow I reckon.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Al. It is a hell of a distance to run. Good to hear that the leg injury is pretty much healed and you enjoyed the distance. It is crazy to think you only started 5 months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Al, you'll be beating us if we dont watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha haha, I dont think you have much to worry about on that score Mike!

    Cracking effort of the Ultra btw, you never know, theres next year........

    ReplyDelete