Sunday 1 August 2010

Run no 63

Dragged myself out of bed and was pounding the road just after 6am. Weather was favourable with a fairly strong headwind on the more open roads. Run went well, breathing and stamina felt fine although I did feel like I was wearing spaceman boots for the last couple of miles!

Covered 16.22 miles in 2hrs 41 mins averaging just under 10 min/miles.

Given this was another 2.22 miles farther than I've ran in my life I'm quite happy with the progress. Reckon I could have battered out a couple more hard miles.

Just 10 more miles and I've met the required quota for Inverness.

:-)

Ah 20 miles in 2 weeks time!

2 comments:

  1. Bloody brilliant Al, just bloody brilliant :)
    The fact that you can run 16 miles and have a positive experience bodes very well for Inverness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave, you've no idea how much the positive encouragement helps mate.

    ReplyDelete