Tuesday 10 August 2010

Run no 69

Pissing with rain and never got out until after 8pm to do my 6.48 miler. Another PB, almost 5 mins off my PB coming in at 55.58 averaging 8.38 min / miles.

Not sure what's happened in these last few weeks but something has definately clicked into place and I'm now consistantly getting sub 9 min/miles, something I just couldn't crack for the first 3 months.

Sounds daft but I keep going back to when I watched the Great North on telly a few weeks ago and noticed they always held their arms in a high position as opposed to my 'down near your waist' position, a technique I'm sure I was advised to do by a someone many years ago as it helped save energy. Whatever it is it's definately given me extra zip being able to drive with my arms.

I could also be talking complete pish and it's just because I'm getting a little bit fitter. Whatever it is, I'm not complaining.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the pacing there Al. Sounds like you have had a number of great sessions in the last week or so :)

    Remember to run a bit slower during your long run this weekend. A 20 miler will take a lot out of you so the slower the better.

    ReplyDelete