Sunday 4 July 2010

Run no 45 - Sun 4/7/10

Set out at 07.15am hoping for a traffic free run. Within 1 mile it was heavy rain. Quickly settled into a 10min/mile pace. The run felt very comfortable bar a few bits where I was running into a strong head wind in torrential rain. The thing about long run is you have plenty of opportunity to adjust your speed and make yourself comfortable. The Ipod battery died round mile 8 so I had to run accompanied with nothing more than my heavy breathing. Got home in 2hrs 5mins which for 12.62 miles I'm very pleased about. My average heart rate was 145 which I'm delighted about.

What was also encouraging was after I finished I felt not too bad and probably could have banged out another 2-3 miles at the same pace. I've just completed 7 weeks of training with another 13 left to go. Things are going to plan.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment