Wednesday 28 April 2010

Run no 2 - 2 miles

It's been very windy and rainy up here all day so wasn't looking forward to heading out. By time I set out this evening though, the rain had cleared and the wind had all but gone, in fact it had turned into a rather pleasant evening. Took along my Nano for company which completely took my mind off the exercise in hand. Breathing wise there were no problems though the legs felt they had 5kg weights strapped on. All in all it was a good run tho I need to omit the silly thoughts about how can I possibly run this distance another 12 times in one go.

Lashed out on a Garmin GPS, heart monitor thing which should help me pace myself better. Realised my training shoes are the ones I first bought about 12 years ago so reckon I'll have to look at picking up a new pair over the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. LOL at "weights strapped on" - funnily enough I felt the same thing since starting back this week.
    When you are buying shoes remember that more expensive does not equal better. Go for comfort regardless if they are £35 or £95. Plus, ask them if they have any older models on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am another one of Dave's imaginary friends. Good on you for signing up for LNM and starting your training. You have heaps of time to get up to the distance don't worry. I did LNM for my first mara last year and followed a Runner's World 3 times a week programme and found it fine. No cross-training except pushing my baby in his buggy up hills. Did the race in 4:06 and loved it (apart from the last 3 miles. Came home and immediately signed up for Edinburgh in May. But this month I did two ultras(!) so my training has been a tad unusual!
    Treat yourself to some new trainers and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnily enough, I've heard Dave likes something strapped on!
    But he's right about the shoes - another good trick is to waste lots of time in a proper running shop trying different shoes on, find a pair you really like, then get them on the net cheaper.

    ReplyDelete