Monday 26 April 2010

Run no 1 - 2 miles

It's been a rather pleasant day weather wise so I decided I would dust off the shorts and t-shirt. My mate Dave recommended due to the sheer distance involved in a marathon it's important you get used to running at a slower than normal pace. With this in mind I set out on a little 2 miler which rather conveniently is exactly the distance from the rounabout from my street to another and back again. I took my time and ran it at a fairly leisurely and comfortable pace.

It's a start, next run Wed.

5 comments:

  1. Nice one Alan. It is always good to get started on a new training run. Slow is good to start with. Just think - a few more weeks of training and you'll be able to have as much pizza and beer as you want guilt free ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan, Dave mentioned he had a mate training for Loch Ness and I was so amazed he had a mate, I had to drop in and see what was going on.
    Good luck with all your training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanksi I still dont believe Dave has a mate. Dave was out for a 2 mile run on monday it must "pretend" mate.

    Alan well done for choosing lochness I'll be there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Dave! He's taking a lot of stick on here lol! Dave gave me a heap of encouragement and a load of tips when I decided to run my first marathon last year (Edinburgh). Am sure he will be on hand to offer you advice as well. All the best with your running. It's a cracking course (it was my 3rd and final marathon of last year).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers lads, welcome every flake of encouragement.

    :-)

    Itching to get out tonight but know I can't.

    ReplyDelete